Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time to go green - corporate style

Recently I reported on an Army attempt to go green here.  It's both funny and tragic.

However, some corporations are starting to go green. The idealist in me wants to believe it's because they really want to make the world a better place. The cynic in me says it's a marketing advantage.

The realist in me says it doesn't matter why they do it - just that they do it. Burt's Bees hasn't been run by Burt in years but they're really trying to do better. Their resolution - nothing goes to the landfill. The result - they're considered the number one "green" brand. That's worth some money and good karma. Read about it here. Amazing how well things work when the private sector takes the initiative.

BTW - I use many of their products and love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment