Thursday, August 5, 2010

Boycott Target

For those not following this, Target just donated over $150,000 to support Rep. Tom Emmer who is an extreme right-winger running for Governor of Minnesota. While I believe that the individual at Target who made this decision has a right to believe anything he wants, I also believe it's time to tell corporations - liberal and conservative - to stay away from supporting political candidates. Better than passing another law, we need to hold them accountable. Emmer biggest sins - supporting Arizona's new immigration laws and donating money to an organization that says executing gay people is acceptable.

That kind of hate speech isn't acceptable to me. I don't want to ban it - I want to make it economically unsustainable. Boycott Target. It will work.

Here's a video of one woman's action.




If you're watching this somewhere and can't see the video, go to http://snowboardingjapan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment