Saturday, April 17, 2010

Obama promotes Great Outdoors initiative

The outdoors are funny. If you haven't been in the woods, nothing anyone can say makes them seem attractive. It's seems intuitive that watching a TV show about the woods, while in your air conditioned and heated home, is far preferable.

I always felt that way.

BTW - If you’re reading this on Facebook and want to see the links, go to http://snowboardingjapan.blogspot.com/.
Then I started snowboarding and my connection to the outdoors was forged. Today, I prefer the outdoors to...well, almost everything. I'm concerned as fewer and fewer Americans experience the outdoors and that can lead to our wildernesses disappearing.

So, get outside. Walk a little in the woods, on the beach - go somewhere that isn't overpopulated by anything but wildlife. It's infectious. You can easily become addicted.

That experience, more than anything I write, can explain why Obama's initiative is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment