Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue moon

My Internet friend Rocky posted this on his Liquid Astronaut blog. It's pretty funny and interesting. Being older than the average snowboarder...hell, I'm older than the average person...I have actually heard the expression "once upon a blue moon" to indicate something that rarely occurred. My parents used it a lot when I was growing up.  They would be 100 or so now if they were alive.

As a child, I checked pretty regularly for a moon with this...er....colorway. I never saw one so I dismissed my parent's saying as another sign of impending senility and assumed that anyone who used the expression was either senile or easily fooled.

Rocky reassured me that the expression hasn't died out completely and, since he's young, it's not a sign of senility. I've never tried to fool him so I can't address that earlier belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment