Friday, September 10, 2010

What size snowboard should I ride?

If you're like me and praying for snow with every breeze...even though it's hot as hell, it's time for a review.

What size snowboard should you ride? This is by far the most popular thing I've put on my site.

This is the site I send people to  most of the time. It's got a formula that calculates your needs based on a variety of criteria. I'd add 2 - 3 cm if you ride a lot of powder. It even recommends boards. This is a great place to start. But, you're spending a lot of money. Check thoroughly.

Here's a much deeper look at the subject, including (if you go to the bottom) information on board widths. There's some good info here.

Finally, here's the backcountry.com data.

If you’re reading this on Facebook and want to see the links, go to http://www.snowboardinginjapan.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Can you add http://www.snowboardsizing.org to this post?

    It has a few important calculations along with a bunch of other factors you should consider when choosing a snowboard type and size.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete