Sunday, September 19, 2010

The best snowboarding film

This is a category more dependent upon your mood and riding style but for my money Sweetgrass Productions has delivered the best for the last 2 years. When I saw Hand Cut, I wasn't expecting much. I was totally wrong. It was mesmerizing.

Last year's Signatures was even better. If you're a powder snowboarder (or skier), these are your films. Below is a teaser for Signatures...maybe the best film ever.

Don't think I don't watch and love the others, especially Teton Gravity Research (TGR). I'm panting in anticipation of the release of Deeper. But, for a combination of music, mood, and...most importantly...powder, Sweetgrass holds the prize.

Sadly, they won't release anything this year. But, in 2011, they will release a new film set in South America. Given that this area is significantly under-reported, it should be groundbreaking.

As always, if you can't see the video, go to http://snowboardingjapan.blogspot.com/ and see everything.

Signatures a SWEETGRASS PRODUCTIONS film from Nicholas Waggoner on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment