Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why are we getting fat?

Americans, along with many other nationalities, are getting fatter. Why?

There are lots of answers but the basic one is we have more time, more convenience foods, and no concept of calories. In the end, after all the fancy diets and exercise machines, only one formula works - eat less than you burn.

I've fought weight my entire life. Finally, I think I'm getting some control but I have a long way to go to be really healthy.

Still, things like this really help me.

The other thing that really helps is tracking your calories. Measure damn near everything and put it in your diary. One place I've used is here. Currently I'm using a different program for a while but this one works really well. The key - enter every calorie. It's an education.

If you're reading this on Facebook, go to http://www.snowboardinginjapan.com/ to see the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment