Friday, March 5, 2010

Dirty politics

I spend a lot of time and energy trying not to express political opinions. I even try to have as few as possible. I've been disappointed so many times by politicians I liked and trusted that I've become fairly cynical.

Still, I served in the military. I believe in the U.S. I always vote and make an effort to know what or who I'm voting into or out of office. Often, I'm voting more against a candidate than for one.

I'm not a big believer in the two party system. I feel fairly certain that we need at least four major parties. I say all of this as a disclaimer to what follows.

I think what's happening in the Republican party now is treason.

I don't mean conservative viewpoints. I have enough of those to irritate my liberal friends and enough liberal views to irritate conservatives. The natural debates that come from those disagreements are good for America.

I'm talking about the dirty tricks.

When you attack the president's politics, you're doing your job as the loyal opposition. When you attack these people in a libelous, inaccurate, hateful way, you're destroying the nation.

Here's the story. It's getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment