Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Christian" group attempts to murder cop

Okay, I probably shouldn't comment on Christian groups, being a Buddhist and all. Still, having read the bible in Junior High, cover to cover, I remember vague ideas from it.

One of them was something about not killing. This group probably skipped that part. They're called Hutaree. They say it means "Christian Warrior" or "Christian soldier."

I looked at their website and noticed that, while they weren't bashful about quoting the bible, they left out the parts I liked best. They can be found here but I'll reprint them in part.

Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Kids, there's nothing in those verses about Blessed are the cop killers, for they shall start a revolution.
Just a rough rule of thumb: if you're considering joining a group that kills cops and calls themselves weird names, sleep on it. It's probably not a good idea. And guess what - no matter what they say, they're not Christians.

The leader of the group, David Brian Stone, had the followers call him Captain Hutaree. H'mmm, that's a good sign.

The goal of the group was to touch off an uprising against the U.S. government. No word yet on whether Sarah Palin will make their bail or whether she wants them to "reload."

People ask me why I gave up on Christianity. I always says it's the "Christians" who ran me off.

Silly me.

I do want to add to this: I know decent Christians who live the life they should. This isn't about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment